This is a photo journal as seen through the lens of my smartphone. I have an HTC Inspire and have chosen to capture images each day an post them here on this site.
In this class we help students understand the concepts of:
- Self Publishing On-Line
- Organizing Data Streams
- Connecting / Networking
- and Linking Data
The process for this project was rather straight forward:
- Take the photo with my HTC Inspire Smartphone.
- Modify the photo with Evernote Skitch.
- Text Additions
- Email the photo to my Flickr email account so my image is stored there and not on the blog server.
- Have Flickr post the image directly to my WordPress.com blog using a preset template.
- Log-in wordpress (at some later time) and add
- More descriptions
- Related Links
- WordPress will then publicize the post to Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Very simple proof of concept. Didn’t take to long to set up also.