Beauty with Risk
Today I hiked a local State Park. We have several in our area. The closest is Grand Mere State Park near Stevensville Michigan. It was a great work-out, I really got in a good 120 of intense incline walking. Some of the dunes had an incline of 60 degrees.
Just for the record, I did none of the recommended suggestions to avoid tick bites, but then again it’s fall and the weather is turning. My guess is the ticks are not that active this time of year.
This photo was taken with my HTC Inspire using HDR Camera+ and cropped with Skitch.
- Tick Bites, Tick-Borne Diseases Cropping Up in Arkansas (arkansasmatters.com)
- Tick Bites May Cause Red Meat Allergy (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Lone Star Tick Bites Linked to New Meat Allergy (prweb.com)
- Meat Allergy linked with Tick Bites (livingwithallergy.wordpress.com)
- Day 26: Ticks and Tick Bite Fever (ylaww.blogspot.com)
- Disease-Spreading Ticks on the Move as Climate Changes (141repellent.wordpress.com)
- Meat Allergy linked with Tick Bites (livingwithallergy.com)
- NEWS YOU CAN USE: Precautions for tick-borne disease extend “beyond lyme.” The majority of human… (pjmedia.com)